Announcing Auditions for La Femme Boheme (All-Female Version of Puccini’s La Boheme)!
- WHEN & WHERE:
Auditions for La Femme Boheme will take place Sunday November 20 and Sunday November 27 from 2-9pm at Church of our Saviour located at 25 Monmouth Street in Brookline.
Auditions are for self-identified females only. Transgender women are welcome to audition.
- AUDIITON FEE:
There is a $10 fee to audition (this covers our provided pianist and space rental), please bring cash
- TO RESERVE AUDITION:
To schedule an audition, please send a headshot and resume to email@example.com and indicate which date you would like to audition. You may request a specific time frame but we cannot guarantee we can accommodate the request. Those interested in chorus only do not need to send a resume.
- WHAT YOU WILL NEED AT AUDITION:
Please bring an Italian aria to your audition, in addition to a second piece (which can be any language, including a second Italian aria or art song). If you are interested in a specific role, please prepare the short La Boheme excerpt we request from that role (these are TBD and will be posted here soon). The excerpts are to be sung for us on-book (though you may memorize it if you like). Please bring a hard copy of your resume to the audition.
OTHER REHEARSAL & PRODUCTION DETAILS:
- You must be available to rehearse and perform during the time period April 15 – May 21, 2017. Only two conflicts will be permitted.
- Performances are May 18-21 at the black box theatre in the Arsenal Center for the Arts in Watertown. The opera will be performed with a small chamber ensemble.
- The major roles in La Femme Boheme will be double cast.
- The opera will be directed by Julia Mintzer and conducted by Tian Hui Ng.
- *NOTE: The role of Mimi has already been cast. This role will be played by the first place winners of both the 2015 and 2016 MWO Vocal Competition. In addition to the cash prize, first place winners of our competition are guaranteed a lead role in a future MWO season. Please consider participating in our 2017 spring competition!
Available Roles (ALL ORIGINALLY MALE ROLES WILL BE SUNG UP EXACTLY ONE OCTAVE):
Musetta – soprano
Rodolfo (female name of this role is TBD) – soprano (fuller voice)
Marcella – lyric mezzo-soprano or soprano
Shaunna – mezzo-soprano
Colleen – lower mezzo/contralto
Benoit (female name of this role is TBD) – mezzo-soprano
Alcindoro (female name of this role is TBD) – mezzo-soprano
Parpignol (female name of this role is TBD) – soprano
We will have an all-female chorus. Anyone interested in auditioning for chorus must attend an audition.